Information about the Walk to End Epilepsy is provided below. More information will be updated from now until the event. Stay informed by email, too - we will be sending emails to all registrants.
- The Rose Bowl is located at 1001 Rose Bowl Dr., Pasadena, CA 91103. Directions at rosebowlstadium.com.
- Parking is free and widely available in Lots F and K. Please view the parking map to see where these lots are located in relation to the event at GATE A.
- ADA-designated spots will be available in the north side of Lot F (closer to the Check in / Registration tents). Please advise a parking attendant when you arrive if you require disability parking.
- View the PARKING MAP (Coming Soon) for details on parking and event space.
- Online pre-registration will close at noon on Friday, November 3, 2017.
- If you have registered online in advance, please go directly to the designated Pre-Registered Check-In Area upon arrival. You will be checking in by your LAST NAME.
- If you or someone you know is planning to register on-site, we encourage payment by via check or credit card at the designated On-Site Registration Area.
- We ask a registration fee of $25 per person for anyone 2 years or older. Thank you for your cooperation.
- Making a donation at the Pre-registered Check-in Area? Only exact change (cash) will be accepted at the Pre-Registered Check-in Area. Donations by card or check are highly encouraged and preferred!
- The festivities take place in GATE A. View the EVENT MAP (Coming Soon) for a general layout (note: changes to layout may occur between now and the event)
- Runners/walkers for each course will be sent in waves. Advanced runners doing the 5K will be the first to depart from the Start Line. The last wave will include 1-Mile walkers.
- Remember that the course is non-competitive. Please stay within the designated path and course.
- A race clock will be provided, but since this is not a timed walk, we encourage you to check the timer as you pass the start and finish lines if you’d like to track your time.
- View the COURSE MAP to see the two different course routes (5K and 1-Mile).
- Food can be purchased from multiple food truck vendors during the event. You are encouraged to bring your own snacks if you prefer.
- Water stations will be placed throughout the course as well as the event site. If you have your own water bottle, you will be able to fill it up at a drinking fountain located near both restrooms inside the event space.
- Any remaining cash or check donations to drop-off at the Registration Table. We will provide envelopes to secure them.
- Dress for the weather by checking the forecast before you arrive.
- Team spirit signs with inspirational messages and reasons why you want to END EPILEPSY. We will also have a team sign decorating station at the Walk.
- The Walk is wheelchair-friendly
- The Rose Bowl does not allow pets -- only service dogs will be permitted.
- NO personal tents, canopies, tables or chairs permitted.
- We encourage you to check-in individually and set up a meeting point inside the gates, whether that be at the Inflatable Brain, in a Shade Tent or by the Food Trucks.
- Facebook Tag or Tweet us LIVE during the event!
Throughout the event, there will be various activities and sights for you to explore, including a walk-through giant inflatable brain, team sign decoration stations, food trucks, arts and crafts, games, activity booths and more!
Date & Time
Sunday, November 5, 2017
1001 Rose Bowl Drive,
Early Check-in/Registration Opens/Event Begins: 8:00 AM
Parking is free in Lots K and F
Map, Directions & Parking
Check-in / On-site Registration
5K Walk/Run & 1-Mile Stroll
Food & Drinks
What to Bring
- Bring your gently used clothing to donate to the fight to END EPILEPSY. A bin will be placed near the Check-in/Registration.