Information about the Walk to End Epilepsy is provided below. More information will be updated from now until the event. Stay informed by email, too - we will be sending emails to all registrants.
- The Rose Bowl is located at 1001 Rose Bowl Dr., Pasadena, CA 91103. Directions at rosebowlstadium.com.
- Parking is free and widely available in Lots F and K.
- ADA-designated spots will be available. Stay tuned for further instructions on how to easily access the ADA-designated sports.
- View the PARKING MAP (Coming Soon) for details on parking and event space.
- There are many different ways you can get involved in the Walk to End Epilepsy - from creating a team, sponsoring an activity or the event, volunteering, and beyond! View the GET INVOLVED page for more information.
- Spread the word! Download and print copies of the Walk Flyer. Then, distribute the flyer in your local community - school, church, or coffee shop.
- We are so excited to debut this year's Recognition Program to applaud you for tremendous fundraising efforts! ANYONE who is registered to attend the Walk to End Epilepsy on Sunday, November 5, 2017 has the opportunity to receive an End Epilepsy purple cell phone wallet or End Epilepsy purple roll-up blanket. You can be a team member, captain of a team, or participating without any team affiliation. Gifts are awarded based upon meeting the fundraising levels of $100-$249 or $250 and more. Good news - you have until November 30th to raise the money, too (gifts will NOT be distributed at the actual event). Learn more about the Recognition Program and read all the fine print!
- Online pre-registration will close at noon on Friday, November 3, 2017.
- We ask a registration fee of $25 per person for anyone 2 years or older. Thank you for your cooperation.
- More details about the On-site Registration is to come. Stay tuned!
- The festivities take place at and surrounding Rose Bowl Stadium. View the EVENT MAP (Coming Soon) for a general layout (note: changes to layout may occur between now and the event)
- Runners/walkers for each course will be sent in waves. Advanced runners doing the 5K will be the first to depart from the Start Line. The last wave will include 1-Mile walkers.
- Remember that the course is non-competitive. Please stay within the designated path and course.
- A race clock will be provided, but since this is not a timed walk, we encourage you to check the timer as you pass the start and finish lines if you’d like to track your time.
- View the COURSE MAP to see the two different course routes (5K and 1-Mile).
- Food can be purchased from multiple food truck vendors during the event. You are encouraged to bring your own snacks if you prefer.
- Water stations will be placed throughout the course as well as the event site. If you have your own water bottle, you will be able to fill it up at a drinking fountain located near both restrooms inside the event space.
- Any remaining cash or check donations to drop-off at the Registration Table. We will provide envelopes to secure them.
- Dress for the weather by checking the forecast before you arrive.
- Team spirit signs with inspirational messages and reasons why you want to END EPILEPSY. We will also have a team sign decorating station at the Walk.
- The Walk is wheelchair-friendly
- The Rose Bowl does not allow pets -- only service dogs will be permitted.
- NO personal tents, canopies, tables or chairs permitted.
- We encourage you to check-in individually and set up a meeting point inside the gates, whether that be at the Inflatable Brain, in a Shade Tent or by the Food Trucks.
- Facebook Tag or Tweet us LIVE during the event!
Throughout the event, there will be various activities and sights for you to explore, including a walk-through giant inflatable brain, team sign decoration stations, food trucks, arts and crafts, games, activity booths and more!
Date & Time
Sunday, November 5, 2017
1001 Rose Bowl Drive,
Early Check-in/Registration Opens/Event Begins: 8:00 AM
Parking is free in Lots K and F
Map, Directions & Parking
How to Get Involved
NEW! Recognition Program
Check-in / On-site Registration
5K Walk/Run & 1-Mile Stroll
Food & Drinks
What to Bring
- Bring your gently used clothing to donate to the fight to END EPILEPSY. A bin will be placed near the Check-in/Registration.